Thursday, September 16, 2010

It's Hard to Say Goodbye

I haven't been able to write about this until today. Last Friday we euthanized our beloved dog of 14 years, Jack. Just writing it makes me sad. I have been doing surprisingly well though because he was in pain from his hips, his eye, and had breathing problems. I felt really bad actually after he was gone because I knew we kept him around for our sake. He was a constant in our home. A friend and companion to us and our children and especially one of our other 2 dogs Sadie. She was so lost the first night without him that she got up 3 or 4 times looking for him inside and outside.







I have had to deal with a lot of loss this year because not only did we have to make the decision for Jack, but on January 24th Ace, my step-dad of 35 years died from cancer. It was and still is one of the hardest experiences I have ever been through. He was so brave up to his death. I really don't think it is necessary to go into depth about it because I don't want to give cancer that kind of power. It is an evil, evil disease that I hope one day is cured.

Today I ask that you HUG & SQUEEZE those you love. Remember those that are no longer with you! And thank God for the life you have! There are blessings in EVERYTHING and EVERYONE! Leave nothing undone. Asking for forgiveness is freedom and giving the gift of forgiveness is LIFE CHANGING!





                                                  Have a Beautiful day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss. I felt the same when I had to put my girl down a few years back. It gets better with time but boy she is still missed. Your step dad sounds like he was a wonderful man. Thanks for sharing!

Renee said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! Beautiful pictures.